After Hours Building Access and Safety
- Jack Arends Hall (Art Building) will be locked from 10:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- All students registered in school art classes are permitted to work in the building after hours.
- Students who wish to work after hours are advised to be in the building prior to 10:30 pm.
- If a student must enter the building after doors are locked, they must request entrance from NIU Police via the non-emergency telephone number at 815-753-1212.
- NIU Police will be provided with the names of all enrolled students permitted to access the building after hours.
- Students must provide evidence of identity if requested by NIU police officer providing access after hours.
- Doors to the building may not be propped open to allow anyone after-hours access.
- Students not enrolled in School of Art and Design classes must leave the building before 10:30 p.m. and may not be admitted to the building after hours.
- After-hours events organized by faculty or staff must be reported to NIU Police in advance of the event.
- It is recommended all students download the NIU Safe application.
After-Hours Equipment Use
- Students may not use power tools in studios after hours unless a qualified supervisor is present or written permission has been provided by the faculty member in charge of the studio area.
- If permitted to use equipment and tools students will observe all safety guidelines and policies provided by faculty.
- Emergency Call 911.
- NIU Police Non-Emergency phone number 815-753-1212.
NIU Police Safety Information
All NIU students are provided with public safety information by the NIU Police, visit the Department of Police and Public Safety website for more information.