Community College Student and Faculty Invitational Exhibition
Jan. 21 - Feb. 21, 2020, Northern Illinois University, School of Art and Design
Entry is open to current Illinois community college art students and faculty. Community College Student Exhibition will be held at NIU's 215 N. Gallery in DeKalb and Community College Faculty Exhibition will be held in the Annette and Jerry Johns Art Gallery in Jack Arends Hall.
If you have any questions, please contact Todd Buck at email@example.com or 815-753-7895.
- Art students and faculty submitting artwork must be from community colleges within Illinois.
- Only artwork completed after Jan. 1, 2019 is eligible.
- All media will be accepted including design, photography, new media and traditional 2D and 3D artworks.
- Artwork must be ready to hang or display.
- Size limit for 2D artwork is 48" x 96".
- Size limit for 3D artwork is 3'x3'x6'.
- Animation or projection media should be submitted on USB drive or SD card as .mpeg, 264.
- Artwork that does not meet these criteria will not be exhibited. Each artist will be required to sign a loan agreement (PDF).
- Each applicant may submit up to two artworks.
- You must include a digital image in .jpeg or .pdf format (maximum 5MB file size) and identify the title, size and medium of each artwork.
- The digital image uploaded on the entry form is to be a single image used for identifying the work.
- Full animation or projection media is to be submitted at time of artwork delivery.
- There is no fee for submission.
The entry form deadline is Friday, Dec. 6, 2019.
Delivery of Artwork
Applicants must deliver their artwork(s) to arrive by:
- Saturday, Jan. 4, 2020, between 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Jan. 6-9, 2020, between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please deliver or drop off art work to:
Northern Illinois University
School of Art and Design
Jack Arends Hall, room 216
330 Gilbert Avenue
DeKalb, Illinois 60115
Attn: Community College Art Exhibition
Entry Form Submission
The online entry form deadline is Dec. 6, 2019.
Reception and Awards Ceremony
The closing reception and awards Ceremony will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 21, 2020. We recommend artists pick up their artwork immediately following the awards ceremony.
Return of Artwork
Any artwork that is not picked up immediately following the awards ceremony must be picked up by Feb. 24-28, 2020 from the main office, room 216, of the NIU Jack Arends Art Building during office hours (8 a.m. -4:30 p.m.)
Please contact Todd Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org, if other arrangements are required. Due to limited storage space, artwork not picked up by Feb. 28, 2020, may be disposed of.
Responsibility for Artwork
All reasonable care will be given to artwork. The NIU School of Art and Design is not responsible for any damages or loss that may occur while the work is on the premises.